Transcript coming soon!
Listen to Podcast
Like podcasts? Find our full archive here or anywhere you listen to podcasts: search Community IT Innovators Nonprofit Technology Topics on Apple, Spotify, Google, Stitcher, Pandora, and more. Or ask Alexa.
View or Download Slides
Download the slides here: 10 Free Cybersecurity Tools for Nonprofits and 3 Worth Paying For
10 Free Cybersecurity Tools for Nonprofits and 3 Worth Paying For
Join Community IT Innovators’ CTO cybersecurity expert Matt Eshleman for a video discussion of the 10 free cybersecurity risk-management tools available to nonprofits that want to increase security.
Matt covers free tools that your organization should be using, how they operate, how to set them up, and how to train your staff to USE them.
He also spends time discussing three security tools to pay for, what they do, and why they offer a return on your investment.
Community IT Innovators is vendor-agnostic and does not resell vendor services or tools. Join us for this webinar for our un-biased recommendations and overview of the growing market for free and paid security tools for nonprofits.
With the “price to hack” continuing to decrease, businesses, nonprofits, and individuals are seeing risks go up. Don’t assume your organization won’t be targeted – everyone is a target of multiplying hacks and scams.
There is a 15 minute Q&A following the webinar, with participant questions. As with all our webinars, this presentation is appropriate for an audience of varied IT and security experience.
As the Chief Technology Officer at Community IT and our resident cybersecurity expert, Matthew Eshleman is responsible for shaping Community IT’s strategy around the technology platforms used by organizations to be secure and productive. With a deep background in network infrastructure, he fundamentally understands how technology works and interoperates both in the office and in the cloud.
Matt joined Community IT as an intern in the summer of 2000 and after finishing his dual degrees in Computer Science and Computer Information Systems at Eastern Mennonite University, he rejoined Community IT as a network administrator in January of 2001. Matt has steadily progressed up at Community IT and while working full time received his MBA from the Carey School of Business at Johns Hopkins University.
Matt is a frequent speaker at NTEN events and has presented at the Inside NGO conference, Non-Profit Risk Management Summit and Credit Builders Alliance Symposium. He is also the session designer and trainer for TechSoup’s Digital Security course.
Matt provides a free initial consult if you have cybersecurity questions for your organization.
Tech Insights from this webinar
For a quick walk through of the resources mentioned in this webinar, Matt created a short article here.
Transcript coming soon!
- 10 Free Cybersecurity Tools and Three Things worth Paying for Monthly webinar Series October 2019
- About Community IT Advancing mission through the effective of technology. 100% Employee Owned
- Presenter Matthew Eshleman CTO
- Agenda Cybersecurity landscape Cybersecurity readiness 10 FreeTools Bonus Resource 3 PaidTools Q&A
- CYBERSECURITY LANDSCAPE Persistent and ongoing brute force attacks on identities Sophisticated spearphishing Organizations targeted because of the work they do Attacks targeting vendors
- CYBERSECURITY LANDSCAPE New security tools available to combat new threat types. Organization’s starting to ask about where to start in improving their cybersecurity. 68% of Nonprofits don’t have an Incident Response Plan Breach response for a small to medium business is $149,000
- Cybersecurity Readiness People •Passwords •MFA Process •Policy •Training Technology •Updates •Scanning •Email Protection
- Enable MFA
- Password Manager
- STOP THINK CONNECT
- Community IT Webinar
- NIST Risk Assessment Tool
- Package / Update Management
- Vulnerability scanning
- Email Threat Scanning
- Bonus Recommendation: Microsoft Defending Democracy Program
- Resources to Pay For Security Awareness Training
- Resources to Pay For • Business Email Compromise Protection
- Resources to Pay For Cybersecurity Assessment
- Other Events TechSoup Digital Security 201 –new live event on Oct. 17!
- Upcoming Webinar How Data Quality Defines your Organization Wednesday November 12th 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- email@example.com © 2018 Community IT Innovators, Inc. All Rights Reserved. www.communityit.com THANK YOU!